Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tell it to the Skies by Erica James

Tell it to the Skies by Erica James
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/6727301I have enjoyed reading the novels written by Erica James since her first one ‘A Breath of Fresh Air’ was published in 1996. With the exception of a couple that I have not got hold of yet I have now read all her novels. I regard her work as a thoroughly good read where you can immerse yourself in the story, not great literature but so much better than some of the novels regarded as ‘chick lit’or ‘romantic womens fiction’. Set partially in Venice with my love of Italy I very quickly found myself immersed in the surroundings and the story. The novel starts in Venice as the scene is set for the protagonist Lydia, having lived in Italy for twenty-eight years, sees a face in a crowded street that takes her back to her childhood and a dark secret she has kept to herself all these years. The central part of the novel is concerned with Lydia telling the story of her past life to her brother in law. We learn of her difficult childhood and how the consequences of her actions have led her to where she is today. The last section of the novel is in the present back in Venice where her past meets her present and she gets a second chance with the man she has loved all these years. There are a few unexpected twists to the tale that will keep you guessing until the end, romance, mystery, tears and laughter you will find them all within the pages of another novel from an imaginative story teller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I indulge my love of books with this blog and it makes it all worthwhile when you leave comments. I really am interested in what you think so do let me know. I have decided as the nature of this review blog makes for conversation in the comments, just to reply here and not individually, so please subscribe to comments or call back again to stay in the conversation. Thankyou for your continued support.