Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sail by James Patterson


Medium

Preferring something quick and easy to read while travelling recently I accepted my husband’s suggestion of reading this title which he had just finished. He is a fan of James Patterson novels and although feeling this one is far from his best, thought I would find it good enough to hold my interest.  It did, I devoured it in just a few days not for any reason other than it was an easy read though.
The book is divided into six parts plus a prologue and an epilogue. The Dunne family consisting of Christine and her three children embark on a family sailing holiday that is destined to evolve into a life or death nightmare. Although I was of course expecting this to be a thriller I did find the number of dramas and disasters that the protagonists survived, beggared belief!
High drama and twists and turns continued right through to the very end. I will not be rushing to read more by this author but it was ridiculous fun in a way. Just the sort of story that I suspect would make a better film than it did a novel. As although there is not much of a storyline it has murder, betrayal and villains.

James Patterson is one of the most prolific and bestselling American authors. His books have sold approximately 130 million copies worldwide and some of them have been made into films.
For a fuller synopsis of the plot and author details visit James Patterson’s Official Website 

7 comments:

  1. I have read a few his novels and they do hold your interest. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindylou! I've read James Patterson's Witch and Wizard and I've got the Part 2 of the series, The Gift which I have yet to read - both YA books. This is an interesting review. Thanks for this...I will probably try more of his books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia@ I have just looked at my books read list and it seems I have never read anything written by him before!

    Len@ I had no idea he even wrote for the YA market, not a label I am fond of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am planning to read a book by this author, I have been recommended Kiss the Girls or Along Came a Spider,his two older books. I just have to find the time to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the idea of keeping a booklist. I think I'm going to start one. It's not that I miught ever reread a book by mistake - but just that I'd love to look back see what I thought about what I have been reading.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that Patterson annoys me. He just has his name on too many books in too many genres.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bookquoter@ I am not going to go out of my way to read any more of his, but will still be interested to know what you think if you decide to 'quote' them.

    Sarah@ I have been keeping a list since I was in my early teens, but no comments which is a shame.

    Carol@ As I have already commented will not be seeking out any more!

    ReplyDelete

I indulge my love of books with this blog and it makes it all worthwhile when you leave comments. I really am interested in what you think so do let me know. I have decided as the nature of this review blog makes for conversation in the comments, just to reply here and not individually, so please subscribe to comments or call back again to stay in the conversation. Thankyou for your continued support.